2009/06/29

Google waves back


First update for a while. Why? I'm a busy guy but my employers have sanctioned personal blogging/teeting/postings during office hours as a way to stimulate our brands involvement in Social Media.

Me? On the "Internet" since 1994 I've gotten pretty tired of the fads. I still remember Instant Messaging and Voip as pretty cool. Blogging is the lesser of several evils for "Internet Participation".

I post these blog entries via email from my desk and phone (and only occasionally pull up my site to see how they displayed!). I still get genuine pleasure out of spamming my group of a dozen "real" friends with my clips and thoughts, whines and moments of clarity BY TEXT-ONLY EMAIL.

Which makes it noteworthy that Google (starting to dislike them almost as much as the Cult Of Mac) has invented a threaded messaging app that aggregates all your chitchat together, obviating the need for any standalone services from tw or fb or blogs. *sigh* Google Wave looks like a winner, and nicely timed to co-incide with fb boredom (and disillusionment that, amazingly, we don't feel more loved and appreciated and noteworthy, despite all those friends).

http://mashable.com/2009/05/28/google-wave-guide/

Gavin Dudley ONLINE EDITOR MEN'S HEALTH
Tel +27 21 408 3858 Cell - N/A Fax 021-408 3931
For TLM corporate overview click here

No comments: